THE INSURRECTION GAME IS SOLD OUT!
BLOC BY BLOC 2ND EDITION
The second printing of Bloc by Bloc is now sold out. Want to be the first to know about a third printing, the upcoming Bloc by Bloc expansion pack and other special offers from Out of Order?
Please enter your email to join our mailing list:
MANUFACTURED & ASSEMBLED IN THE USA
Wooden components sourced from Germany
Light the fires of resistance in this groundbreaking, semi-cooperative game inspired by 21st century protest movements, riots and popular uprisings. learn more
In Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game, each player controls a faction of revolutionaries—Workers, Students, Neighbors, or Prisoners—fighting against the State in the streets of a city that change with each game. Build barricades, clash with riot cops, occupy districts, loot shopping centers, and liberate the city before time runs out and the military arrives! Bloc by Bloc features hidden agendas, deep strategy, area control, asymmetrical player abilities, and a special method for randomly generating billions of unique city layouts. Bloc by Bloc can also be played in fully cooperative mode.
BLOC BY BLOC RESOURCES
Read the rulebook, check out the how-to-play video, and download free print & play files!
WHAT’S NEW IN THE SECOND EDITION?
- Elevated semi-cooperative experience: A brand new agenda deck combined with new endgame rules vastly improves Bloc by Bloc’s semi-cooperative mode, making it the preferred way to play. Fully cooperative mode is improved in the 2nd edition as well.
- New objectives for the insurrection: The insurrection of the 2nd edition is less directed at seizing the state and more about spreading the insurrection to the entire city. Unless your faction has a vanguardist agenda…
- Awesome 2 player mode: Bloc by Bloc 2nd edition features a highly improved two player experience with each player playing as one faction in fully cooperative mode.
- Streamlined Occupations & Special Abilities: The types of occupations available to the Workers, Students, Neighbors and Prisoners have been overhauled. In addition, each faction now has a unique special ability they can utilize at any time.
- Dynamic Police Morale: Police Morale rises more rapidly but is now lowered each time riot cops or riot vans are defeated in clashes.
- Dynamic Countdown: Player decisions now affect the speed of the countdown marking the number of nights before the military arrives to crush the insurrection.
- Updated Deck Mechanics: The Police Ops and Manifestation decks have both been streamlined with improved mechanics and design.
- Variable difficulty level: Easily modify the difficulty of the game with one simple setup step.
REVIEWS & VIDEOS
- Vice: Bloc by Bloc is the “Insurrection Game” the Resistance didn’t know it needed
- The Guardian: Insurrection – the board game? Bloc by Bloc brings uprising to your living room
- Crimethinc: Insurrection is not a Game: Play, Resistance, and Designing the Game “Bloc by Bloc”
- Game Design Roundtable: David and Dirk chat with TL Simons of Out of Order Games
- Daily Worker Placement: Bloc By Bloc: Fight the Power with Play
- Kill Screen: Bloc by Bloc Aims to be the Board Game for Modern Revolution
- Pop Dust: Board Game ‘Bloc by Bloc’ Promises 21st Century Rebellion at Family Game Night
Bloc by Bloc: the Insurrection Game by Out of Order Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.