THE INSURRECTION GAME 3RD EDITION
BLOC BY BLOC: UPRISING
A strategy game of revolutionary politics and street level tactics, thoroughly revised and expanded in this definitive 3rd edition.
Please enter your email to join our mailing list and be informed of the latest Bloc by Bloc news:
BLOC BY BLOC: UPRISING
Rise up! Take back the streets of your city in the ultimate edition of the acclaimed insurrection game. Bloc by Bloc is a cooperative and semi-cooperative tabletop game inspired by 21st century protest movements, riots, and popular uprisings.
Each player controls a faction of revolutionaries—Workers, Students, Neighbors, or Prisoners—struggling together against the police in the streets of a city that changes with each game. Build barricades, clash with police, occupy districts, loot shopping centers, build mutual aid networks, and liberate the city before time runs out and the military arrives!
BLOC BY BLOC: UPRISING RESOURCES
Read the rulebook, review Bloc by Bloc on BGG page, and download free print & play files!
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS THIRD EDITION OF BLOC BY BLOC?
The 1st edition of Bloc by Bloc was released in 2016 and the 2nd edition was released in 2018, both to critical acclaim. Both printings sold out quickly and the game has continued to attract an ever growing community of fans and players.
Every mechanic has been fine tuned and tweaked, if not completely overhauled in this thoroughly revised and expanded 3rd edition. Bloc by Bloc: Uprising is a synthesis of the best elements from each of the previous two editions. It also introduces some crucial new mechanics and components such as mutual aid centers, smarter and more dangerous police, a streamlined action system that allows for deeper strategy, a narrative choice-driven Liberation deck, variable win conditions related to building and defending liberated zones, and last but not least, meetings!
Want to learn more? Tiffany Leigh does a great job walking through these changes in her Power Word Rebellion article.
Where is Bloc by Bloc Manufactured?
And why is 3rd edition cheaper than previous editions when costs are skyrocketing worldwide?
REVIEWS & VIDEOS: 1ST, 2ND, & 3RD EDITIONS
- Space Biff: Dan Thurot reviews Bloc by Bloc: Uprising
- Coffee with Comrades: Listen to TL Simons & Greg Loring-Albright in conversation with Pearson
- Space Biff podcast: interviews TL Simons & Greg Loring-Albright
- Goonhammer: Tiffany Leigh explores 3rd edition’s changes in Power Word Rebellion
- Vice: Bloc by Bloc is the “Insurrection Game” the Resistance didn’t know it needed
- The Guardian: Insurrection – the board game? Bloc by Bloc brings uprising to your living room
- Crimethinc: Insurrection is not a Game: Play, Resistance, and Designing the Game “Bloc by Bloc”
- Game Design Roundtable: David and Dirk chat with TL Simons of Out of Order Games
- Daily Worker Placement: Bloc By Bloc: Fight the Power with Play
- Kill Screen: Bloc by Bloc Aims to be the Board Game for Modern Revolution
- Pop Dust: Board Game ‘Bloc by Bloc’ Promises 21st Century Rebellion at Family Game Night
Bloc by Bloc by Out of Order Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Special thanks to all crowdfunding backers and everyone who has supported this project over the years.