Light the fires of resistance in this exciting update of the groundbreaking, semi-cooperative game inspired by social insurrection!
ALL POWER TO THE BLOCS
Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game is a semi-cooperative tabletop game inspired by 21st century protest movements, riots and popular uprisings.
Gameplay Overview: Each player controls a faction of revolutionaries—Workers, Students, Neighbors, or Prisoners—fighting against the State in the streets of a city that change with each game. Build barricades, clash with riot cops, occupy districts, loot shopping centers, and liberate the city before time runs out and the military arrives! Bloc by Bloc features hidden agendas, deep strategy, area control, asymmetrical player abilities, and a special method for randomly generating billions of unique city layouts. Bloc by Bloc can also be played in fully cooperative mode!
WHAT’S NEW IN THE SECOND EDITION?
- Elevated semi-cooperative experience: A brand new agenda deck combined with new endgame rules vastly improves Bloc by Bloc’s semi-cooperative mode, making it the preferred way to play. Fully cooperative mode is improved in the 2nd edition as well.
- New objectives for the insurrection: The insurrection of the 2nd edition is less directed at seizing the state and more about spreading the insurrection to the entire city. Unless your faction has a vanguardist agenda…
- Awesome 2 player mode: Bloc by Bloc 2nd edition features a highly improved two player experience with each player playing as one faction in fully cooperative mode.
- Streamlined Occupations & Special Abilities: The types of occupations available to the Workers, Students, Neighbors and Prisoners have been overhauled. In addition, each faction now has a unique special ability they can utilize at any time.
- Dynamic Police Morale: Police Morale rises more rapidly but is now lowered each time riot cops or riot vans are defeated in clashes.
- Dynamic Countdown: Player decisions now affect the speed of the countdown marking the number of nights before the military arrives to crush the insurrection.
- Updated Deck Mechanics: The Police Ops and Manifestation decks have both been streamlined with improved mechanics and design.
- Variable difficulty level: Easily modify the difficulty of the game with one simple setup step.
REVIEWS & VIDEOS
Bloc by Bloc 1st edition Reviews, Videos, & Press
- The Guardian: Insurrection – the board game? Bloc by Bloc brings uprising to your living room
- Kill Screen: Bloc by Bloc Aims to be the Board Game for Modern Revolution
- Pop Dust: Board Game ‘Bloc by Bloc’ Promises 21st Century Rebellion at Family Game Night
- Board Game Closet: Bloc By Bloc Kickstarter
- Gameosity: Bloc By Bloc: The Insurrection Game Review
- Secret Cabal: Episode 123
- Undead Viking: Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game Review
“This is the first game I’ve ever seen like this. This is a completely different theme than I’m used to seeing in any other game.”Rod
“There are a lot of things I really like about this game. The mechanisms are tight and focused. I like how the AI works with the police forces moving about the board… [It] has a multilayered level of gaming that will keep it coming off your game shelf for you and your friends to enjoy.”Undead Viking
“Bloc by Bloc could be the centerpiece of a college course on popular movements and antiauthoritarian resistance!”Barry Kendall
Bloc by Bloc: the Insurrection Game by Out of Order Games is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Special thanks to all Kickstarter backers and everyone who has supported this project over the years in the Bay Area & beyond.
MANUFACTURED & ASSEMBLED IN THE USA
Wooden components sourced from Germany